Fri 16 October 2020:
This combination of poultry and roasted red pepper will spruce up your usual go-to taco recipe!
Making chicken tacos at home doesn’t mean you have to continue using the same boring combination of ingredients! Chicken is such a versatile meat that it can go with a lot of different types of toppings, especially when wrapped in a tortilla.
This chicken taco recipe is made with roasted red pepper, making it a sweeter taco than you normally associate tacos to be. Between the roasted red bell pepper and sweet corn salsa, you’ll find yourself enjoying a satisfying sweet and salty experience when biting into one of these.
Instead of a usual dollop of sour cream, this chicken taco recipe calls for a dollop of homemade crema sauce. Crema is a thinner version of sour cream, thinned out by some type of additive. In this recipe, the lime juice thins out the thick sour cream, making it a delectable sauce to top your taco with. If you’d rather something spicier, you could always add in a tablespoon of Sriracha to give your tacos a kick.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
1 pound chicken breast, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the bell pepper in half, top and seeds removed.
- Place the pepper halves on the covered sheet, cut side facing down.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime juice, and garlic powder. Set aside for later.
- Once done, remove the peppers to a cutting board, and cover with a bowl for 10 minutes. This will sweat the peppers, making it easier to peel off the skin. Peel the skin and slice small strips.
- In a skillet, cook the chicken with olive oil and taco seasoning. Cook until chicken bits are no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve on warmed tortillas with roasted red pepper slices, lime crema, corn salsa, and cilantro.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this Recipe !